Friday, March 4, 2022

Apartment Zero (1988)

 
APARTMENT ZERO  (1988)  ¢ ¢ ¢ 1/2
    D: Martin Donovan
    Colin Firth, Hart Bochner, Dora Bryan, Liz Smith,
    James Telfer, Mirella D'Angelo, Francesca D'Aloja

Dr. Spogersi,

I just watched this. Yikes, what a dark movie. Makes me wonder whether I'd ever want to go to Buenos Aires. I was struck by how much Hart Bochner resembled Anthony Perkins. Even the way he was shot and lit sometimes, it was like looking at a hunkier Norman Bates. And where he ends up at the end, when you think about it, that's a page out of "Psycho", too. I also liked the way it kept circling back to the movie theater, and the great gallery of b&w head shots on the walls of Colin's apartment. Now I think I need to watch a comedy. Or maybe take a bath. Anyway, thanks for the link.

Nick